We have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Falls Church. Whether that’s through our internal business practices or providing energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits in every season.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on your climate. The styles below give our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 features three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Visit your Falls Church Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass options or our best product for the Falls Church region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between our glass panes to offer additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room in the winter; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Falls Church Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.